Last night, I made this Smashed Chickpea Salad by Smitten Kitchen. I love the Smitten Kitchen blog because there are wonderful recipes and fabulous pictures (like the one below). I used pita bread to eat the salad and added a roasted red pepper to my "sandwich". I also neglected the tahini suggestion.

This recipe was
a) yummy
b) easy
c) cheap
d) mayo free
aka a winner in my book! Enjoy!

photo by: Smitten Kitchen.

Workout Summary:
Monday: weights + swim class
Tuesday: run/walk (treadmill) 3.4 miles + abs + push ups
Wednesday: swim class
Thursday: spinning 1 hr

Workout Details:
  • I saw DARA TORRES, you may remember her from the Olympics, in the locker room after my swim class on Wednesday.... there is a swimming competition at my college (University of Texas at Austin) this weekend.
  • Tuesday, I ran while watching part of the The Biggest Loser and I included sprints and added incline. It was good. I am starting to really like the treadmill for runs <>
  • I can not believe The Biggest Loser is 2 hrs and NBC has the nerve to put "to be continued" at the end. I was furious... and I can't wait for Tuesday to roll around..
  • I slept through weights on Wednesday morning.. oops.
Also, I am so excited for the weekend. TGIF.