Before I tell you what is SO outrageous.. let me tell you about my recent workouts.

Wednesday - 1 mile (on treadmill) + 45 min of "the toughest spin class of the semester" (where I almost puked.)

Thursday - 3 mile run/walk at town lake... left foot issues... not a good "run"

Friday - walk 3 min / run 30 min / walk 3 min = 3.33 miles on treadmill... decent run.

I went running on the treadmill today so that I could get a workout in since I was going to happy hour. I do love a happy hour. It was the last day of classes so me and a bunch of people from my department went to drink. Fun times.

On to the outrageous-ness...

Dean Karnazes

The man is out of control. and quite impressive. and somehow annoying too. Here are some of his accomplishments (provided by Wikipedia):

  • 350 miles in 80 hours and 44 minutes without stopping (2005)
  • North Face Endurance 50: fifty marathons in fifty U.S. states in fifty consecutive days
  • inaugural South Pole Marathon in running shoes
  • 148 miles in 24 hours on a treadmill (2004)
  • single-handedly completed the 199 mile Providian Saturn Relay six times
I started reading about him and its just outrageous. Did you see.. fifty marathons in fifty U.S. states in fifty consecutive days or 24 hours on a treadmill... I guess the next time I complain about running 3 miles on a treadmill.. I will just think of him. Speaking of.. here is his incredibly fit body from his Runner's World cover..